Tuesday, 16 December 1997
Wizarding Marriage Purification Act Passed!
In what is a considered a bold and courageous act of forward thinking, Minister for Magic Pius Thicknesse approved the Wizarding Marriage Purification Act last night. This new law, effective immediately, will drastically change the course of Britain's wizarding society and reverse a sad and dismaying trend of immorality and lust-fueled convenience.
A few excerpts from the Act were made available to the Prophet. The Ministry plans to send a copy of this important new moral statement to every wizard household in Britain. It will also be posted in certain public places, including Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Some excerpts from the Act include:
1. All marriages must be approved by the new Wizarding Marriage Purification Task Force. Applications for marriage will be made available at the Ministry and interviews will be required for each couple under consideration.
2. Marriages to Mudbloods and Muggles are strictly forbidden under penalty of imprisonment.
3. Effective immediately, all Mudblood and Muggle marriages are retroactively denied. All marriages between Mudbloods or Muggles and wizards/witches are henceforth dissolved.
4. All Half-blood marriages are subject to review at anytime.
5. Purebloods are strictly forbidden from marrying outside their Blood Status.
A full copy of the Wizarding Marriage Purification Act will be made available this coming week.
Snow storm! Prepare to cozy up inside!